March 19, 2018
The biceps tendon connects the biceps muscle in the upper arm to the elbow. The tendon acts like a tough connective tissue. The inflammation of this tendon is bicep tendinitis. Physical therapy can help reduce pain and regain mobility.
Some of the causes of biceps tendinitis include:
- a fall that injures the shoulder
- excessive weight lifting
- overuse from recreational and sports-related activities
- a sudden twisting motion of the shoulder
- Pain at the front of the shoulder joint that extends down the arm i.e. the biceps muscle.
- Weakness in the shoulder
- Decreased range of motion of the shoulder joint
- A visible change in the shape and appearance of the front of the arm