July 16, 2018
Physical therapy provides exciting possibilities to promote strengthening, healing and rehabilitation of the hip and lower limbs. Here are some of the options in the arsenal of the physical therapist:
- LASER therapy to heal connective tissue (tendons and ligaments).
- Manual therapy that includes stretching and massage.
- Resistance training to build the muscle strength.
- Cold compress for acute injuries and heat to relax muscular spasms.
- Functional electrical stimulation to restore strength in the muscles.
The sooner your doctor assesses the injury and initiates treatment with a physical therapist, the better the outcome. Often times patients will be given a home exercise program by their physical therapist to help with their recovery time. Some home remedies that the physical therapist may suggest include:
- Active stretching
- Passive stretching
- Strengthening exercises
- Light aerobics
Don’t let snapping hipping syndrome (or any hip condition) hold you back from freedom of movement. Call us today, and we will help you snap back into action as quickly as possible.Read the Newsletter